Fibre Project Manager
Building Your Future – One Network at a Time
Founded in 2004, Lite Access Technologies (Canada) Inc. has become a leader in Air Blown Fibre and Micro-Duct and Narrow Trench installation methodologies and is utilized world-wide in high-profile communication networks including Olympic, military and government facilities. We specialize in complete, integrated solutions and approved alternate deployment methods for fibre installation. Lite Access has deployed thousands of kilometers of fibre throughout North and South America, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Caribbean, Asia and Australia.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated team leader / member to help us build the telecom networks of the future in Western Canada.
FIBER OPTIC PROJECT MANAGER
Duties, Responsibilities & Skills:
• Several years of training/experience as a fibre optics splicer in the field
• Permitting with municipalities
• Close out package experience
• Be well versed with materials and vendors
• Working with estimator to create budgets
• Working within a pre determined budget and staying within it
• Install fibre optic cables both ISP and OSP locations.
• Be able to build and prep a 400, 450 B/D FOSC
• Be familiar with fusion splicing single and ribbon fibre
• Be familiar with OTDR and power meter set
• Be well organized
• Able to lead / direct a team of up to 4 workers.
• Have good customer service skills
• Be comfortable working in a manhole (confined space) and working at height (bucket truck)
• Work in all weather conditions.
• Work can be physically demanding and can include but is not limited to: carrying, raising and climbing a ladder, lifting and handling heavy items (manhole covers, cable reels)
• Must be willing to work in and out of town (LOA paid)
Required Personal Attributes:
• At all times, comply with company policies, procedures and instructions
• Willingness to work overtime as required
• Although most work will be done in the lower mainland, willingness to travel would be beneficial as travel options may arise for future projects
The following are considered assets:
• First Aid Certificate
• Previous project management experience
• Fiber Optic Certifications
• Any certification for civil construction (WHMIS, Confined Space, TCP, etc.)
What we offer:
• You become an important part of a growing company that is building international telecom networks
• Unlimited career growth potential
• Above industry average wages to start
• A great team atmosphere
• Summer and Christmas staff parties
• Company-paid training
We thank everyone for their interest in this position, however due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Job Type: Full-time